Friday 2 February 2018

From SanderS - Some more Heroquest stuff (68 points)

Hoi There,

While I know it is Ray who is the Moaning Minion (now there's a nightmare vision: imagine an ethereal version of Ray haunting the ladies loo at your local Wizarding High-school?! Because let's be honest Hogwarts is but a high-school compared to Unseen University I am sure), I realise I am becoming somewhat of a croaker too.

Sadly I have still not managed to really get going on the painting. I have prepared more then enough figures to last me all year but somehow real life keeps throwing spanners in the work. The latest spanner came in the form of a freak wind-storm with gusts of 8 on the scale of Bofort making short work of one of the sheds I've build in my garden.



All the same I have been trying to get some painting done and have managed to finish some more Heroquest related figures and a 1:72 vignette.

First up are some Greenies. These are figures that came with the original Warhammer Quest box. These I will use for the Heroquest games at school and at home by dividing the group.





The next two figures are figures used by two of my pupils. The Female figure is a Blood Elf named Baroness Blackwood used by Vanessa and the other one is Collin's henchman called Cor Netto (Collin's main character is a Chaos Ice Magician called Icicles) they've asked me to paint these figures and here's the result.















Both 4 of the Orc archers as well as the figures mentioned above where used today at the school club as you can see below.



Last up is the vignette I have mentioned. It is made by Hagen Miniatures and depicts Sergeant Charles Ewart of the Scot's Greys capturing his Eagle at Waterloo. It's a nice little vignette and I am so happy to have finished it.









Points wise 11 x 28mm figures amounts to 55 points and 1 foot and 1 mounted 1:72 figure amount to 12 points so that should be 67 points added to my total.

Cheers Sander

___________________________

Wow, sorry to hear about your recent wind storm. It's a pity about the shed but it's good that the damage was limited just to your garden.

 I really admire that you've taken the time and effort to paint figures for your students' characters - I think that's just wonderful. Both Baroness Blackwood and Cor Netto are excellent, especially Netto's skin(!) shield and the Baroness' striking red skintone. I'm sure they must be delighted with the figures.

I was just going to ask you about your 1:72 Napoleonic project but then you came in today with this beautiful Waterloo vignette. I didn't know that there were manufacturers that were offering vignettes in this scale, so this is quite educational for me (I sense a few hours of fun online perusals coming on). Your vibrant reds and blues are set off strikingly by the grey charger - excellent work.

I've popped in another point for the French Eagle (it only seems proper) so 68 points to add to your roster's total. Well done Sander! 

____________________________

19 comments:

  1. Great work Sander - sorry to hear about 1-to-1 scale issues!

    These are great figures, but that little vignette is really something. Well done - and may calmer winds find you for the rest of the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg, I am mighty pleased with the vignette as well. It was one of those things that has been standing in the showcase unpainted for ages and it is really satisfying to have it finished now.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Well you clearly did not have a good look: my top was blown off completely Tamsin :-P No seriously, thanks heaps!

      Delete
  3. @Curt, thanks for the praise and kind words, oh and the extra point. Hagen is here: http://www.hagen-miniatures.de/index.php/en/

    And you should take a look at this too: http://www.wdmodels.com/page2.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on your hero quest and waterloo figures, bad luck with the shed I hope there were no figures in there!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah just garden utensils, but OI have build and painted it myself so I had a bit of cursing episode when I saw what had happened.

      Delete
  5. That's a top vignette, Sander - extremely dynamic! But those old skool Orcs are the sentimental fave, love those old sculpts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evan, there's more Greenies on the way fro this Friday!

      Delete
  6. I promise I had nothing to do with your shed Sander. Although that was a particularly spicy chilli I had the other night???

    Great painting though, I do like the Sgt Ewart capturing the standard vignette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray or should that be Ai Caramba!?

      Delete
  7. Nice work Sanders and sorry about the shed!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shed took a real beat down by the looks. Great painting and that's awesome that you do it for school. Lucky students. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well to be honest: I am the lucky one since at least this way I get a game in each week ;-)

      Delete
  9. Fantastic work, Sander (and sorry to see and hear about your shed!). I wish I was nearer as I'm sure we'd get that standing in no time!

    Awesome work on the miniatures.... I particularly like Baroness Blackwood. And HUGE applause for running a school club - that's how I got started!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely vignette, and the baroness looks like she won’t stand any nonsense. Sorry to hear about the shed!

    ReplyDelete