Saturday 27 December 2014

From Sander - Warriors of Barsoom (20 Points)

For today's update I've decided on some of Bronze Age Miniatures excellent Sci Fi miniatures. They are heavily influenced on the adventures of John Carter of Mars. I have quite a lot of these and wanted to get started on them many times before, yet always got sidetracked by other projects. As in so many other cases, I am using the Challenge as an excuse to paint some up. The first batch are two Zodongan female fighters (in Red) and one male and one female Heliumite warrior (in blue).










Awaiting on my painting desk are some Green Warriors and a Great White ape, but I'll get cracking on the "Mount and Rider" bonus round first.

Cheers Sander

From Curt:I'm a big fan of John Carter of Mars and these look just fabulous. I look forward to seeing the Green Warriors and the Ape. Have you seen the stuff from Tin Man Miniatures? Beautiful sculpts and perhaps a nice compliment to these figures. Great work! 

14 comments:

  1. An interesting and exciting challenge entry. I just don't see this sort of thing often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another left field entry and well executed

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very different Sander, love the basing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been listening to audio books of Princess of Mars and Gods of Mars. I think you captured Barsoom well. I too want to see a Thark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! Well trained women indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great painting work, and very nice miniatures. Really interesting, in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice entry. I think I recognize the lady with the two swords as a regular at the gym I go to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking entry, Sander! Probably the worst part of the challenge is getting exposed to stuff I didn't know was out there! I have enough projects and plans as is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great skin tones Sander. The John Carter from Mars stories were some of the most important early sci-fi stories written. Got so many people into the genre. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, cracking stuff. Really nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not seen these before. You did an excellent job on them.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am truly humbled by all your replies thanks heaps! and Curt: yes I know of Tin Man but am currently investing in Victorians, so lack the funds for them. I also still have a lot of Bronze Age stuff to paint among them the 3 mentioned green men.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the "John Carter" style! Well done!

    ReplyDelete